The Mormon Women Project is seeking an intern who believes in our mission of sharing women’s stories, and who is excited about joining an inspiring team of women. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief introduction of yourself. Details below!
Intern Expectations: 5 hours per week
- Manage social media pages (including 2-3 posts per week, monitoring comments and messages, and working to increase followings on all platforms)
- Design and send a monthly newsletter to subscribers
- Assist with website clean-up (reformatting old interviews and essays)
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience managing accounts on Instagram (including stories), Facebook, and Twitter
- Graphic design experience
- (Bonus) WordPress experience
What to Expect:
This is a one-year unpaid internship (all MWP staff are volunteer), but it offers tremendous opportunity for growth. We treat our interns as valued team members. Our core team ranges from New York to Seattle to Virginia, but we connect often via email and phone, and occasionally in person if we are lucky! While we value an intern who takes initiative, does independent research, and plans ahead, we offer mentorship in editorial skills, design, and social media management. We hope we can learn a great deal together.